[openstack-dev] Release countdown for week R+1, 10-14 Oct

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Oct 6 18:32:33 UTC 2016

The main portion of the Newton release is complete. Thank you all
for the hard work you put into the release this cycle!

Focus
-----

All project teams should be preparing for the summit in Barcelona.

General Notes
-------------

Stable and independent releases will resume on 10 Oct. Let the
release team know of any critical bug fixes that need to be released
sooner.

The release automation was mostly error-free. The few issues we did
have were restricted to announcement emails, and did not affect the
contents of any releases as far as we can tell. If you spot issues
with any of the released deliverables, please let us know.

Release Actions

Project teams following the cycle-trailing release model should be
wrapping up changes to make their projects compatible with the
existing Newton releases.

PTLs, this is a good time to clean up core team memberships and
remove inactive members.

Important Dates