[openstack-dev] [neutron] OVO support

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Wed Nov 16 07:00:16 UTC 2016

We won't be able to take a hard and fast rule on this just because of the
way Neutron currently works and the semantics we offer the mechanism
drivers and extensions in ML2.

Right now when a port is created in ML2, we allow extensions and mechanism
drivers to make changes as part of the same transaction. If we completely
defer transaction handling to the OVO framework, it will break these
semantics.

We can certainly work to move as much of the handling for simpler cases
(e.g. security group rule creation) into the OVO framework, but there are
others like the one above where we will need to start a transaction first
and leave it open across multiple operations.