[openstack-dev] [heat][tripleo] New repository for software-config elements

Thomas Herve therve at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 09:26:03 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Historically elements to create images using software config were
developed in the heat-templates repository, which turned out to mean
that this had to be packaged, etc. Today we were asked if tags could
be added to help maintaining the packages. Before we do that, I wonder
if we should extract the elements in a different repository. We
already have tests which are only applicable to this specific subset
of the repo, so it shouldn't be too hard.

In summary: let's create a new repository
heat-software-config-elements, and move everything from
hot/software-config/elements/ in the heat-templates repository to it
(and the associated tests).

Thoughts?

--
Thomas