[openstack-dev] [Monasca] Selectively publish logs to topics

Witek Bedyk witold.bedyk at est.fujitsu.com
Tue May 31 13:08:33 UTC 2016

Hi Venkat,

thank you for submitting the blueprint [1]. It covers actually two
topics, both of them a valuable functional extension:

1) submitting additional (apart from dimensions) information with the logs
2) specifying a specific output topic

ad. 1
I think we should keep it generic to allow the operator add any
information one needs. I like the idea of adding the 'attributes'
dictionary, but we would need it per message, not only per request (the
same story as we had with global and local dimensions).

ad. 2
As we want to change the target where the API writes the data, we could
use perhaps the path parameter for that. The request could look like:

POST /v3.0/logs/topics/{kafka_topic_name}

I don't think we should send 'retention' with every request, instead the
Kafka topic should be configured accordingly, but I understand it was
just an example, right?

Cheers
Witek

[1]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/monasca/+spec/publish-logs-to-topic-selectively

--
FUJITSU Enabling Software Technology GmbH
Schwanthalerstr. 75a, 80336 München

Telefon: +49 89 360908-547
Telefax: +49 89 360908-8547
COINS: 7941-6547

Sitz der Gesellschaft: München
AG München, HRB 143325
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Yuji Takada, Hans-Dieter Gatzka, Christian Menk