[openstack-dev] [tempest][qa][ironic][nova] When Nova should mark instance as successfully deleted?

Vladyslav Drok vdrok at mirantis.com
Fri May 27 15:32:40 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Vasyl Saienko <vsaienko at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Lucas, Andrew
>
> Thanks for fast response.
>
> On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Andrew Laski <andrew at lascii.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, May 27, 2016, at 09:25 AM, Lucas Alvares Gomes wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Thanks for bringing this up Vasyl!

>> deleted,
>> As
>> case
>>
>> What is the actual failure? Is it a capacity issue because nodes do not
>> become available again quickly enough?
>>

> The actual failure is that temepest community doesn't want to accept 1
> option.
> https://review.openstack.org/315422/
> And I'm not sure that it is the right way.

The reason this was added was to make tempest smoke tests (as part of
grenade) to pass on a limited amount of nodes (which was 3 initially). Now
we have 7 nodes created in the gate, so we might be OK running grenade, but
we can't increase concurrency to something more than 1 in this case. Maybe
we should run our own tests, not smoke, as part of grenade?