[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] LBaaSv2 / Octavia support

Major Hayden major at mhtx.net
Mon May 16 16:28:35 UTC 2016

On 05/15/2016 04:53 AM, Xav Paice wrote:
> Great stuff! - that's covered everything I've been looking at so far, except that we're not wanting to run neutron-server (and therefore the octavia api) on the same boxes as the Neutron L3 agent (where I understand we need to run the worker).  This isn't the place for usage questions, I was wondering how you deal with that separation or if it's not yet been worked into the branch?
>
> I will assume that SSL certs haven't been dealt to yet?  I expect to be throwing Barbican into the mix shortly to deal with that, maybe Anchor too.

I haven't done the work on that separation quite yet.  That could potentially be done using our existing affinity settings in OpenStack-Ansible, provided that Octavia is treated as a separate service.  My branch doesn't account for that.

There's some work underway to get barbican rolling with OpenStack-Ansible and that should make the certificate management part a bit easier.

> I'll run up a test env asap, seems that using your branch with some minor updates might be just what we need.  Any updates will of course be shared :)

Great!

> Ugh - I really need to live in a country with a decent timezone.  I'm in UTC+12 - will lurk around a bit and see who's online at the same time as I am, and the whole project looks to be pretty friendly for newcomers.  I work funny hours but 4am isn't when I'm at my best.

Either way, we usually have folks in the channel around the clock, so feel free to jump in and ask questions.

--
Major Hayden