[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] LBaaSv2 / Octavia support

Xav Paice xavpaice at gmail.com
Sun May 15 09:53:59 UTC 2016

On 14 May 2016 at 00:27, Major Hayden <major at mhtx.net> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I have a (somewhat dated) branch with Octavia support
> in Github[1].

Great stuff! - that's covered everything I've been looking at so far,
except that we're not wanting to run neutron-server (and therefore the
octavia api) on the same boxes as the Neutron L3 agent (where I understand
we need to run the worker).  This isn't the place for usage questions, I
was wondering how you deal with that separation or if it's not yet been
worked into the branch?

I will assume that SSL certs haven't been dealt to yet?  I expect to be
throwing Barbican into the mix shortly to deal with that, maybe Anchor too.

> We would definitely be happy to help with any questions you have while
> you're using OpenStack-Ansible.  It's always nice to have feedback from new
> users, especially those who are used to other deployment frameworks.  The
> OpenStack-Ansible contributors have done a lot to "smooth off" the rough
> edges of OpenStack deployments, but we find new things that surprise us
> from time to time. :)

I'll run up a test env asap, seems that using your branch with some minor
updates might be just what we need.  Any updates will of course be shared :)

> Feel free to join #openstack-ansible on Freenode or hang out with us
> during our IRC meetings on Thursday[2].

Ugh - I really need to live in a country with a decent timezone.  I'm in
UTC+12 - will lurk around a bit and see who's online at the same time as I
am, and the whole project looks to be pretty friendly for newcomers.  I
work funny hours but 4am isn't when I'm at my best.