[openstack-dev] [cross-project] The Future of Meetings

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Tue May 10 04:30:41 UTC 2016

Hey all,

When we first discussed the future of cross-project meetings at the Tokyo
summit, we walked out with the idea of beginning to have ad-hoc meetings
instead of one big meeting with all big tent projects.

Now that we have some process in place [1] (unfortunately still under review),
we can begin that idea.

I will no longer be announcing the weekly cross-project meeting being skipped.
Instead people who are interested in fixing some cross-project issue or feature
may do so by introducing a meeting for that initiative [1] to take place in the
#openstack-meeting-cp channel. Together, this group of project will create
a spec or guideline [2].

For some initiatives you may know which OpenStack projects are involved with
it. You can find people who are interested in helping with cross-project
initiatives for their respected project by viewing the CPL page [3]. As noted
in their duties, they will either be the person to attend the meeting and give
feedback in the spec/guideline on behalf of their project, or find someone to
knowledgeable in the initiative and the project [4].

If warranted, we can have a cross-project wide meeting, but I see these
becoming unnecessary.

Some examples of cross-project initiatives happening are:

* The service catalog TNG [5]
* Quotas - Delimiter [6]

I think this will allow cross-project initiatives to continue to flow in a more
a natural way.

Please reach out to me if you have any questions. Thanks!

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/301822/4/doc/source/cross-project.rst
[2] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/295940/5/doc/source/cross-project.rst
[3] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Cross-Project_Spec_Liaisons
[4] - http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/cross-project.html#cross-project-specification-liaisons