[openstack-dev] [nova] api-ref docs cleanup review sprint 5/9 and 5/11

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri May 6 11:07:50 UTC 2016

On 05/03/2016 04:12 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> We discussed at the summit a need for a review sprint on the api-ref
> docs cleanup effort that's going on.  See Sean's email on that from a
> few weeks ago [1].
>
> So we plan to do a review sprint next Monday 5/9 and Wednesday 5/11.
>
> The series to review is here [2].
>
> [1]
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-April/092936.html
> [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bp/api-ref-in-rst

This is both a content writing sprint and a content reviewing sprint.
We've got 57 files that need to get 4 phases of processing. For this
exercise we're going to focus on the first 3, which are:

* method verification (are all REST methods specified and in a
consistent order)
* parameter verification (are all parameters listed for request and
response, and are they correct)
* example verification (do all requests / responses with bodies have
examples, and are those explained what is going on).

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NovaAPIRef explains what is needed at
each step in detail.

There is also a burndown graph for this effort here:
http://burndown.dague.org/ to be able to see the progress as we go (it's
updated hourly).

	-Sean

--