[openstack-dev] [nova] api-ref content verification phase doc push

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Apr 20 23:25:37 UTC 2016

This morning we finally cleaned up the last warnings in api-ref, so now
we can enforce errors on warnings. Woot! That went much faster than I
anticipated, and puts us at a really good place for summit.

The next phase is the content verification phase. This patch is merging
a set of comments at the top of every file that they need 4 types of
verification - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/308569/ as described
here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NovaAPIRef

The expectation is that every file is going to see 4 (or more in
complicated cases) patches. I tried to break these up into pretty
concrete things to verify, so that they will be easy for content writers
and reviewers. They should be done in the 1, 2, 3, 4 order for each
file, but there is no need to a whole file to the end. You can do a
bunch of 1s on files, then some 2s, etc.

The idea is that in the patch in which you feel one of the verification
phases is complete, also delete the needs:x_verification for that phase.
That will let folks git grep for content that's not done yet.

Also, check open patches before taking a unit to try to avoid duplicate
effort with folks. This process will be a little slower, because it will
be good to cross reference the content with the code to make sure it's
right. For reviewers that are +1ing these patches, please just leave a
comment that you've done that cross check so we know who is looking deep
on these.

We'll see how much progress we can make over the next couple of weeks,
then will try to finish it all up with a virtual doc sprint a couple
weeks after summit.

Thanks again to everyone that's been helping we've already merged a ton
of good fixes here -
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:merged+topic:bp/api-ref-in-rst

	-Sean

--