[openstack-dev] [Manila] Any updates on share groups?

Knight, Clinton Clinton.Knight at netapp.com
Thu May 5 21:22:03 UTC 2016

Hi, John.  In the Friday session, the community agreed that groups would support multiple share types in the same group, that they would be called ‘share groups’, and that a higher-level, multi-backend grouping construct to be discussed later would be more flexible if based on something like metadata tags (allowing shares to have multiple tags).  We haven’t specified the driver interface yet, but we’ll aim to keep it similar to the CG interface so driver changes should be minimal.

And yes, the community also agreed to adopt a specs process:

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/311853/
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/312102/

Clinton