[openstack-dev] [Manila] Any updates on share groups?

John Spray jspray at redhat.com
Wed May 4 11:16:41 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Back in the office with only minor jetlag... unfortunately I had to
skip the discussion last Friday, I was wondering if there was much
more discussion about how share groups were going to work, especially
from a driver POV?  The etherpad notes are mainly recap.

I'd like to get ahead of this for the cephfs driver, because we have
CG support in the existing code.  I'm hoping we'll be able to just
invisibly map what we used to call CGs into new share groups that
happen to have the snapshottable group type.

Related: IIRC the group was in favour of adopting a spec process, did
we agree to do that for the Newton features?

Cheers,
John