[openstack-dev] [tempest] Implementing tempest test for Keystone federation functional tests

Minying Lu mylu at bu.edu
Thu Mar 31 15:38:55 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm working on resource federation at the Massachusetts Open Cloud. We want
to implement functional test on the k2k federation, which requires
authentication with both a local keystone and a remote keystone (in a
different cloud installation). It also requires a K2K/SAML assertion
exchange with the local and remote keystones. These functions are not
implemented in the current tempest.lib.service library, so I'm adding code
to the service library.

My question is, is it possible to adapt keystoneauth python clients? Or do
you prefer implementing it with http requests.

And since this test requires a lot of environment set up including: 2
separate cloud installations, shibboleth, creating mapping and protocols on
remote cloud, etc. Would it be within the scope of tempest's mission?

Thank you!

Regards,
Minying Lu