[openstack-dev] [nova] API priorities in Newton

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Mar 31 10:21:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016, Matt Riedemann wrote:

>>> - POC of Gabbi for additional API validation
>
> I'm assuming cdent would be driving this, and he's also working on the
> resource providers stuff for the scheduler, but might be a decent side
> project for him to stay sane.

As Jay points out Sergey Nikitin is going to be doing most the
gabbi-related work. For reference:

* A spec for using gabbi for functional testing of the API:
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/291352/
* Sergey's WIP POC: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/293456/
* Some TDD in the placement API work, using gabbi:
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/293104/

The spec is oriented towards replacing the api-samples tests with gabbi
because gabbi allows the request and response to be read (by a human) in
the same place. In conversation with Sean and others there's been some
concern expressed that trying to replace the samples wholesale will
cause too much churn. So presumably we'll want to come up with some area
of functionality that we can block out as a first phase.

Thanks for your concern about my sanity but it went years ago.

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/