[openstack-dev] [nova] API priorities in Newton

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Mar 30 20:24:43 UTC 2016

On 03/30/2016 04:17 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

>> I'm assuming cdent would be driving this, and he's also working on the
>> resource providers stuff for the scheduler, but might be a decent side
>> project for him to stay sane.
>
> Actually, Sergey Nikitin can be responsible for driving this effort,
> with guidance from Chris.

>> How much coverage do we have today? This could be like novaclient where
>> people just start hacking on adding tests for each microversion
>> (assuming gmann would be working on this).
>
> I would prefer to see gabbits validating Nova's API back-microversions
> and instead focus on Tempest validating only the latest microversion API.
>
> The validation of all the various microversion variations should IMHO be
> the purview of in-tree functional tests within Nova.

That's largely the way it is today, and how I see it going forward (in
tree testing for full coverage, a representative cross section in
Tempest). There are details on the way Tempest works against all
versions of OpenStack that mean that what is in Tempest is really a
baseline set of tests, plus some tests which test integration
functionality at particular microversions if they are available in the
target.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague