[openstack-dev] [release][all] What is upper-constraints.txt?

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Wed Mar 30 14:28:21 UTC 2016

[amrith] Speaking only from personal experience, I'd rather see gate/check jobs fail when u-c changes, rather than each time some python library in the wide world changes in an unexpected way. But, I suspect there are benefits in having canaries in the coal mine.

The more interesting part of this though is that we should be exhorting deployers to rely on u-c.txt or potentially something better like pip freeze. But I'm not a deployer and I don't know whether that would work for deployers at large.