[openstack-dev] [release] [pbr] semver on master branches after RC WAS Re: How do I calculate the semantic version prior to a release?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Mar 24 21:39:12 UTC 2016

On 25 March 2016 at 10:30, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2016-03-24 16:21:30 -0500 (-0500), Ian Cordasco wrote:
>> Also this only affects libraries and not the server projects.
>> Besides, hasn't this community always asserted that no one
>> installs from PyPI anyway (inspite of evidence of projects
>> allowing just that based on user feedback)?
>
> The libraries are tagging in master AFAIK. The
> {name}-merge-release-tags jobs are run in the release pipeline for
> all projects using the openstack-server-release-jobs template in
> Zuul because those are the projects that needed it since they were
> the only ones traditionally tagging final releases on off-master
> branches:
>
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/zuul/layout.yaml

I'm not worried about servers; they don't publish to pypi. Libraries
and clients however, are branching and being released from branches.
Do we merge release tags to master for them? If so, thats probably
perfect (though I haven't worked through it all in my head - public
holiday here so only paying partial attention).

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hpe.com>
Distinguished Technologist