[openstack-dev] [release] [pbr] semver on master branches after RC WAS Re: How do I calculate the semantic version prior to a release?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Mar 24 21:30:34 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-24 16:21:30 -0500 (-0500), Ian Cordasco wrote:
> Also this only affects libraries and not the server projects.
> Besides, hasn't this community always asserted that no one
> installs from PyPI anyway (inspite of evidence of projects
> allowing just that based on user feedback)?

The libraries are tagging in master AFAIK. The
{name}-merge-release-tags jobs are run in the release pipeline for
all projects using the openstack-server-release-jobs template in
Zuul because those are the projects that needed it since they were
the only ones traditionally tagging final releases on off-master
branches:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/zuul/layout.yaml

--
Jeremy Stanley