[openstack-dev] [neutron][taas] Asynchronous TaaS APIs

reedip banerjee reedip14 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:46:13 UTC 2016

Hi Anil,

>I think we should adopt an asynchronous model, where we maintain the state for >tap-service and tap-flow objects. Valid states could be "created", "create->pending" and "failed." In addition, we will need a suitable mechanism to have >the plugin extract the current state from the agent/driver and provide it to >the end-user.

I think we may also need Pending-Update, if there is any focus of
updating a tap-flow/tap-service in the future.

But yes, such states should exist as most of the processing should not
be presented to the user ( i.e. User should not wait for a CLI/UI
function to complete), specially if a lot of processing is required.

>For the former case,subsequent queries of the object's state will indicate if the operation has completed, is still pending or has failed.

Instead of polling, a callback can act as an interrupt and inform the
frontend about Success/Failure of a job.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Reedip Banerjee