[openstack-dev] [Sahara][QA] Notes about the move of the Sahara Tempest API test to sahara-tests

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 11:05:01 UTC 2016

On Monday 21 of March 2016 10:50:30 Evgeny Sikachev wrote:
> Hi, Luigi!
>
> Thanks for this short spec :)
> Changes looking good for me, and I think Sahara-team can help with pushing
> this changes to sahara-tests repo.
>
> But I have a question: why we need to use detached branch for it?
A branch with no parent, as it's history is totally detached from the existing
code. The merge makes the two branches converge. You can see it in the graph
of the history on my work repository:
https://github.com/ltoscano-rh/sahara-tests/commits/master
> And then
> we have the next problem "Temporarily exclude a specific branch from the
> CI". Maybe force push can be easier and faster?

In my understanding, force push was totally ruled out by Infra.

Ciao
--
Luigi