[openstack-dev] [swift3][swift] What happens in swift3?

Kota TSUYUZAKI tsuyuzaki.kota at lab.ntt.co.jp
Wed Mar 16 03:41:08 UTC 2016

Tim is sill working for making sure how the sigv4 patch works[1]. The couple of main reasons for the slow review is, right now, no way to make sure the sigv4 in functests for jenkins job and no docs
about what's changed, what's constraint, what's we should change our config in those patches. In my opinion, the authentication is the most sensitive one of all modules because it can break everything
easily and I am still worried about the patch may break the exinsting environment for a bunch of users in all over the world using sigv2.

Regards,
Kota

1: https://bugs.launchpad.net/swift3/+bug/1557260
2: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/272516

(2016/03/14 19:01), Andrey Pavlov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found that new Amazon tool for S3 started to use another way to sign requests.
> I made changes and submitted my review [1] seven months ago.
>
> This functionality is needed for ec2api project [2].
> It is needed for using new aws cli tool.
>
> I asked to review my changes directly to Kota via email.
> My colleague asked him on previous summit about it.
> All dependent reviews (in keystone) already merged four months ago.
> On all comments were answered in the review.
> I tried to raise this question at swift3 meeting.
>
> But still there is no answer.
>
> Can anyone answer - Can it really be reviewed and merged?

Kota Tsuyuzaki(露﨑 浩太)  <tsuyuzaki.kota at lab.ntt.co.jp>
NTT Software Innovation Center
Cloud Solution Project
Phone  0422-59-2837