[openstack-dev] [tc] Question about electorate for project without gerrit contribution

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Mar 15 20:42:35 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-15 21:25:47 +0100 (+0100), Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> I know we have established governance rules. They exist for a reason.
> Though I hope everyone understand what happened after my explanation.
>
> I believe what you wanted to write is:
>
> "If we don't think first and follow the rules without even trying to
> understand, we *WOULD* reject. But we are humans with brains, not
> machines, therefore, it's ok"
>
> Because *you do* have a choice, don't you?

Strict process for elections is crucial, to avoid any impression of
impropriety or vote fixing which could invalidate the results.
Election officials aren't really at liberty to loosely interpret the
process; as volunteers their task is to ensure the established
process is followed and applied accurately and consistently. This
process defines another elected body which can rule on inconclusive
cases: the Technical Committee.
--
Jeremy Stanley