[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Doubt about data recollection

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Mar 15 15:48:41 UTC 2016

On 15/03/2016 11:01 AM, Alberto Gutiérrez Torre wrote:
> What we would like to have is access to the data available in Ceilometer
> API but by local access. For instance, CPU metrics produced at a given
> node will be consumed in that same node. Probably we will not need all
> the available data we're yet finding which variables are of our
> interest. To start with, CPU usage and memory usage are mandatory.
>
> I believe that what we are searching is to access directly to compute
> agent data. Is this possible, for example, subscribing to  the RabbitMQ
> queue where the data is being published by the agent? Is there any other
> way to do so?

that's exactly one way to do it. the (compute) polling agents build a
set of metrics for each poll and publishes them to message queue. the
default consumer of these messages is the notification agent which
processes the data further (if necessary) and redirects it to a storage
or alternative target.

you can configure your compute agent publish to multiple queues by
setting notification_topic = notifications, <custom_topic>. or you can
just disable notification agent and all other non compute agent services
if all you want is the data

alternatively, you can use all the services and have the notification
agent publish the data to a specific target. to do this, you'll need to
edit pipeline.yaml file to send just compute agent metrics to where you
want.

cheers,

--
gord