[openstack-dev] [election][trove] Trove PTL Candidacy

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Tue Mar 15 12:02:43 UTC 2016

Greetings,

I am writing to submit my candidacy for election for Project Team Lead
for the Trove project for the Newton cycle.

I have been an active technical contributor to
the Trove project since just before the Icehouse release when Trove
was integrated into OpenStack. I have also contributed code[1] and
reviews[2] to some other OpenStack projects. I am one of the two
authors of the book on Trove[3], the other author is my colleague and
a fellow Trove contributor, Doug Shelley.

Over the past two years, Trove has come a very long way, adding
support for a dozen databases, and providing users the ability to
orchestrate complex topologies of these databases, and manage them
through their lifecycle. In the Mitaka release we have seen the
addition of a number of exciting and new capabilities for databases
like Cassandra, CouchDB, MariaDB, MongoDB, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and
Vertica.

Looking ahead to Newton and Ocata, I think the project has some
specific areas where focus is needed. These include:

   * paying down the technical debt both in shipping code and tests,

   * strenghtening the community and adding more contributors,
     reviewers and core reviewers,

   * addressing issues with the review backlog,

   * improve integrations with other projects (specifically Cinder,
     Manila, Ironic, Magnum and Sahara),

   * continuing to extend the capabilities of trove especially in the
     area of some specific requirements from large enterprises, and

   * making it easier to use Trove, to make guest images, and other
     commonly reported problems.

All of these are things that have come up from within the community
and I look forward to working to continue to make progress on these
efforts.

Thank you, and I would appreciate your vote in the election.

-amrith

--
Amrith Kumar
Email: amrith at tesora.com