[openstack-dev] [kolla] [infra] Size of images built in the gate

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:41:26 UTC 2016

​right now, there is no extra disk in the test vms. we set up a loop
device by manually. see these two link[0][1]. I think we can increase
the value to a bigger one.

[0] https://github.com/openstack/kolla/blob/master/tools/setup_RedHat.sh#L13
[1] https://github.com/openstack/kolla/blob/master/tools/setup_Debian.sh#L29
​

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Paul Bourke <paul.bourke at oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently working to add new gates for the oraclelinux image base type
> (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/kolla/+spec/oraclelinux-gate) and had a
> question on size available in the gate VMs.
>
> Right now the binary build is running out of space in the gate, as it
> exceeds the 10GB we're allocating for /var/lib/docker. For me, a current
> local build using binary+oraclelinux is clocking in at 10.01GB, where as
> the centos+binary is a little smaller at 8.89GB.
>
> Is it written anywhere exactly what space is available in the gate VMs?
> Sam mentioned briefly that different providers used in the gate give a
> variety of disk sizes, so do we have an idea what we can reasonably bump
> the docker partition to?
>
> The above number indicates centos will likely soon run into the same
> problem as we dockerise more of the big tent, so I think it's a good idea
> to check this now before more gates start falling over.
>
> Thanks,
> -Paul
>
> p.s. if people are interested here's lists sorted by name of the
> oraclelinux and centos builds:
>
> oraclelinux: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/339672/96915914
> centos: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/339673/57969163

Jeffrey Zhang