[openstack-dev] [kolla] [infra] Size of images built in the gate

Vikram Hosakote (vhosakot) vhosakot at cisco.com
Mon Mar 14 18:51:49 UTC 2016

/var/lib/docker/aufs  takes a lot of space if many containers are running and
writing data to their volumes.

If the gate VM's  /var/lib/docker  partition is small, you could move
/var/lib/docker  to a different partition that is big enough (like /home or /tmp)
and create a symbolic link to  /var/lib/docker.

mv  /var/lib/docker  /home/new_docker_path_with_more_space
ln -s  /home/new_docker_path_with_more_space  /var/lib/docker

Alternatively, you can use the -g option for the docker daemon to use a different
path instead of  /var/lib/docker  if it runs out of disk space.

DOCKER_OPTS="-g /home/new_docker_path_with_more_space"

Restart the docker daemon after making the above change.

https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/3127

Regards,
Vikram Hosakote
IRC: vhosakot