[openstack-dev] [Heat] Dealing with nonexistent resources during resource-list / stack-delete

Johannes Grassler jgrassler at suse.de
Wed Mar 9 08:25:12 UTC 2016

On 03/08/2016 06:26 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:
> On 08/03/16 08:03, Johannes Grassler wrote:
> I think you're being a little too pessimistic. I was going to explain one
> approach, but it turned out to be easier to just submit a patch:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/290027

Ah, that one looks good, thanks :-)

> I believe this satisfies requirements 1, 2, and 4. I agree that there's no
> way we can really tackle 3 as far as third-party plugins go, but at least all
> explicit dependencies are guaranteed to be added. For the implicit ones, it's
> up to plugin authors not to screw it up.

That's fair enough and makes for a good warning to include in the docs.

> BTW I created https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1554625 to cover this
> larger issue (as opposed to the specific problem you are fixing in bug
> 1442121); that would probably be a good one to reference in your docs
> changes.

Ok, thanks. That link will prevent a lot of unwieldy problem explanation people
are unlikely to read anyway :-)

Cheers,

Johannes

--
Johannes Grassler, Cloud Developer
SUSE Linux GmbH, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)