[openstack-dev] [Heat] Dealing with nonexistent resources during resource-list / stack-delete

Johannes Grassler jgrassler at suse.de
Tue Mar 8 15:40:42 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 03/07/2016 04:48 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:
> On 04/03/16 04:35, Johannes Grassler wrote:
[Uncaught client exceptions in resource plugins' add_dependencies() methods]
> In the meantime, we need to find and squash every instance of this problem
> wherever we can like you said.

It might also be a good idea to caution against unchecked API client
invocations in

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/developing_guides/pluginguide.html

until a real fix for the problem is in place. Also, that document does not even
mention the add_dependencies() method, leaving plugin developers that much more
room to come up with dodgy code that does weird stuff in add_dependencies() or
even omits it entirely. I haven't written any plugins so far, but I suppose I
could update that part of the documentation - I've become rather familiar this part of the code while fixing <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1442121>.

If I wanted to add a section on add_dependencies() and its pitfalls to
pluginguide.rst, how would I go about it? Just submit a change with a
"Partial-Bug: #1442121" or is that big enough to require a spec?

Cheers,

Johannes

--
Johannes Grassler, Cloud Developer
SUSE Linux GmbH, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)