[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer] unable to see compute.node.cpu.* metrics in ceilometer

Lu, Lianhao lianhao.lu at intel.com
Wed Mar 9 01:22:03 UTC 2016

On Mar 8, 2016 02:15, Kapil wrote:
> Hi
>

> I enabled ComputeDriverCPUMonitor in nova.conf on one of the compute
> nodes, restarted nova-compute, ceilometer-agent-compute on the compute
> node and ceilometer-collector, ceilometer-api,
> ceilometer-agent-central, ceilometer-agent-notification on the
> controller node.
>
> However, I cannot see the cpu meters or samples in ceilometer.

Which version of nova/ceilometer are you using? First you need to make sure that nova
have generated the related notifications. Please be noted that there is a configuration change
in recent nova. See [1] for how to configure nova to use UBS.

> Any suggestions to what may be the issue ?

[1] https://01.org/sites/default/files/utilization_based_scheduing_in_openstack_compute_nova-revision002.pdf

-Lianhao