[openstack-dev] [Horizon] How do we move forward with xstatic releases?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Mar 9 00:57:45 UTC 2016

On 9 March 2016 at 13:07, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2016-03-08 17:25:41 +1100 (+1100), Richard Jones wrote:
> [...]
>> SOLUTION 6 - make zuul capable of performing atomic cross-repository
>> commits.
>
> This seems unlikely to happen, as it's very much counter to Zuul's
> designed-in reliance on serializing changes to test before merging
> them.

I'd like to explore this more, but a mailing list thread probably
isn't terribly efficient - I don't even know where to start to figure
out any differing assumptions, whether whats being propose is
conceptually desirable and-or how to represent that in zuul. But we've
spent nearly three days of bug smash here in sydney trying to get some
sort of design for going forward, and so far this is the only one that
hasn't bad pretty big negative external side effects such as 'break
every other user of xstatic when horizon updates'. :(.

So -> IRC and/or/perhaps voice?

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hpe.com>