[openstack-dev] [fuel] Fuel 9.0/Mitaka is now in Feature Freeze

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Thu Mar 3 06:31:09 UTC 2016

Feature Freeze [0] for Fuel 9.0/Mitaka is now in effect. From this
moment and until stable/mitaka branch is created at Soft Code Freeze,
please do not merge feature related changes that have not received a
feature freeze exception.

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/FeatureFreeze

We will discuss all outstanding feature freeze exception requests in our
weekly IRC meeting tomorrow [1]. If that discussion takes longer than
the 1 hour time slot we have booked on #openstack-meeting-alt, we'll
move the discussion to #fuel-dev and finish it there.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/fuel-weekly-meeting-agenda

The list of exceptions requested so far is exceedingly long and it is
likely that most of these exceptions will be rejected. If you want your
exception to be approved, please have the following information ready
for the meeting:

1) Link to design spec in fuel-specs, spec review status;

2) Links to all outstanding commits for the feature;

3) Dependencies between your change and other features: what will be
broken or useless if your change is not merged, what else has to be
merged for your change to work;

4) Analysis of impact and risks mitigation plan: which components are
affected by the change, what can break, how can impact be verified, how
can the change be isolated;

5) Status of test coverage: what can be tested, what's covered by
automated tests, what's been tested so far (with links to test results).

--
Dmitry Borodaenko