[openstack-dev] [ironic] Remember to follow RFE process

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:07:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

Ironic'ers, please remember to follow the RFE process; especially the cores.

I noticed that a patch [1] got merged yesterday. The patch was associated
with an RFE [2] that hadn't been approved yet :-( What caught my eye was
that the commit message didn't describe the actual API change so I took a
quick look at the (RFE) bug and it wasn't documented there either.

As a reminder, the RFE process is documented [3].

Spec cores need to try to be more timely wrt specs (I admit, I am guilty).
And folks, especially cores, ought to take more care when reviewing.
Although I do feel like there are too many things that a reviewer needs to
keep in mind.

Should we revert the patch [1] for now? (Disclaimer. I haven't looked at
the patch itself. But I don't think I should have to, to know what the API
change is.)

--ruby

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/264005/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1530626