[openstack-dev] [TripleO] CI package build issues

John Trowbridge trown at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 19:50:49 UTC 2016

On 06/23/2016 02:56 PM, Dan Prince wrote:
> After discovering some regressions today we found what we think is a
> package build issue in our CI environment which might be the cause of
> our issues:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1595660
>
> Specifically, there is a case where DLRN might not be giving an error
> code if build failures occur, and thus our jobs don't get the updated
> package symlink and thus give a false positive.
>
> Until we get this solved be careful when merging. You might look for
> 'packages not built correctly: not updating the consistent symlink' in
> the job output. I see over 200 of these in the last 24 hours:

I updated the bug, but will reply here for completeness. The "not
updating the consistent symlink" message appears 100% of the time when
not building all packages in rdoinfo.

Instead what happened is we built HEAD of master instead of the refspec
from zuul.

http://logs.openstack.org/17/324117/22/check-tripleo/gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-nonha/3758449/console.html#_2016-06-23_03_40_49_234238

c48410a05ec0ffd11c717bcf350badc9e5f0e910 is the commit it should have built.

4ef338574b1a7cef8b1b884d439556b24fb09718 was built instead.

So the logstash query we could use is instead:

http://logstash.openstack.org/#dashboard/file/logstash.json?query=message%3A%5C%22cleaning%20directory%20and%20cloning%20again%5C%22%20AND%20filename%3A%5C%22console.html%5C%22

I think https://review.rdoproject.org/r/1500 is the fix.