[openstack-dev] [TripleO] CI package build issues

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 18:56:49 UTC 2016

After discovering some regressions today we found what we think is a
package build issue in our CI environment which might be the cause of
our issues:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1595660

Specifically, there is a case where DLRN might not be giving an error
code if build failures occur, and thus our jobs don't get the updated
package symlink and thus give a false positive.

Until we get this solved be careful when merging. You might look for
'packages not built correctly: not updating the consistent symlink' in
the job output. I see over 200 of these in the last 24 hours:

http://logstash.openstack.org/#dashboard/file/logstash.json?query=messa
ge%3A%5C%22not%20updating%20the%20consistent%20symlink%5C%22%20AND%20fi
lename%3A%5C%22console.html%5C%22

Dan