[openstack-dev] [nova] Placement API WSGI code -- let's just use flask

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Jun 21 08:04:33 UTC 2016

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016, Jay Pipes wrote:

> Flask seems to be the most widely used and known WSGI framework so for
> consistency's sake, I'm recommending we just use it and not rock this boat.
> There are more important things to get hung up on than this battle right now.

That seems perfectly reasonable. My main goal in starting the
discussion was to ensure that we reach some kind of consensus,
whatever it might be[1]. It won't be too much of an ordeal to
turn the existing pure WSGI stuff into Flask stuff.

>From my standpoint doing the initial development in straight WSGI
was a win as it allowed for a lot of clarity from the inside out.
Now that that development has shown the shape of the API we can
do what we need to do to make it clear from outside in.

Next question: There's some support for not using Paste and
paste.ini. Is anyone opposed to that?

[1] As long as it wasn't the overly complex Nova way.

Or WSME!

--
Chris Dent               (╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻            http://anticdent.org/