[openstack-dev] [infra] Switch 'all?' openstack bots to errbot plugins?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Fri Jul 29 18:12:13 UTC 2016

Ya, I was looking for how these get downloaded/assembled into an actual
bot, and from looking at errbot there appears to be a couple approaches,
some just do '!repos install https://github.com/YaroslavMolchan/lctv'
while others I've seen just install them and then setup the config.py
that errbot uses to ensure they are loaded.

It will probably be a little bit of learning to figure out what is the
best mechanism here.

Other things I've noticed is that errbot, to work with various backends
actually uses an interesting approach to message formatting. All
messages that u write to self.send() in a errbot plugin are expected to
be markdown, and then at the individual backend layer there is a
translation from that markdown to the backends supported 'syntax' (which
say for slack is a semi-limited version of markdown) or for IRC is well
not any version of markdown, ha.

So u'll see things like the following that do this conversion:

https://github.com/errbotio/errbot/blob/master/errbot/backends/slack.py#L66

-Josh