[openstack-dev] [Kolla] [Fuel] [tc] Looks like Mirantis is getting Fuel CCP (docker/k8s) kicked off

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Jul 27 21:27:35 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Ed Leafe's message of 2016-07-27 10:59:06 -0500:
> On Jul 27, 2016, at 10:51 AM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at fastmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Whether to have competing projects in the big tent was debated by the TC
> >> at the time and my recollection is that we decided that was a good thing
> >> -- if someone wanted to develop a Nova replacement, then let them do it
> >> in public with the community. It would either win or lose based on its
> >> merits. Why is this not something which can happen here as well?
> >
> > For real, I (or someone) can start a nova replacement without getting rejected (or yelled at or ...) by the TC saying it's a competing project??? Wow, this is news to me...
>
> No, you can’t start a Nova replacement and still call yourself OpenStack.

Is that true? I thought the thing would be that you'd have to be
running Nova to still use the mark. As long as you're running Nova and
the users can use Nova (the real one), if you also had a competitor to
Nova available, it would just need to pass the relatively low bar of
big tent membership to still be a part of "OpenStack".