[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Support for volume sharing across multiple VM's

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Jul 27 21:04:44 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 09:30:15AM -0700, Adam Lawson wrote:
> I heard there's been some attention given to and progress made supporting
> sharing a single volume with multiple VM's. Where are we along the
> development curve and has anyone been able to get this to work?
>
> Thanks!
>
> //adam
>
> *Adam Lawson*

 Hey Adam,

 We are still working on that functionality. It's ended up a little more
 involved than one would have thought at first glance.

 We've found some issues between how Cinder and Nova interact with each
 other. We've at least identified some of those issues now and are
 working through making that better.

 Once we fix that up, we can then move ahead with getting changes made
 on both sides to be able to support multiattach. Unfortunately there is
 pretty much no chance that we'll get that far in Newton. But at least
 some of the foundation to support that should make it in soon, so maybe
 Ocata (or honestly, to be more realistic, the P release) will have that
 support.

 Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)