[openstack-dev] [glance] [glance_store] Removing the S3 driver

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:40:33 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Just wanted to follow up on the deprecation of S3 driver that Flavio
started [1], we are now in the phase of removing the S3 driver from
glance_store tree [2]. I've added some documentation to the release
notes but have a feeling that operators may be using more than that to
read up on glance_store updates. This was discussed a bit during the
glance-operators sync last month [3] too.

The plan is to release store as soon as this [2] review merges and after
currently proposed glance_store v0.15.0 release is out & tested on
glance gate. For now, the tentative release date with this change is
sometime mid-next-week so that this happens in Newton time-frame.

Either way, I just wanted to give a quick heads up and see if I should
be doing more courtesy additions, doc updates, etc. towards this.
Reviews on the proposal are welcome for the feedback as well.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/266077/

[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/347620/

[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-glance-and-ops-midcycle-sync

Cheers,