[openstack-dev] Juju Charm Usability/Functionality Enhancements

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 7 13:58:48 UTC 2016

Hi James

On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 at 18:52 James Beedy <jamesbeedy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've a few things I want to bring up concerning usability/functionality in
> nova-cloud-controller and openstack-dashboard.
>
> 1. Request-timeout configurability for openstack-dashboard.
>     - Everyone who accesses horizon asks me for this. I think it would be
> smart to set the timeout to the keystone token session timeout value.
>     - I've filed a feature request/bug, and proposed a merge for this in
> the past, to no avail. This is a must for usability, and so simple to add.
> What gives?

visibility of merges across a large number of charms in launchpad was never
good so things did get missed; I've had a dig but can't find either a bug
or a merge against the old launchpad bzr branches; this sounds like a
useful feature - it would be helpful if you could raise a bug and then we
can workout how that fits into the next 3 months of charm delivery.

> 2. 'cross_az_attach=True'
>     - Without "cross_az_attach=True" under the cinder context in
> nova.conf, live migration across availability_zones, alongside a handful of
> other critical ops fail.
>     - This is a critical config param, the absence of which has blocked me
> on multiple levels for a long time now.
>     - I've previously filed a bug/feature request for this, and also have
> proposed a merge that adds this functionality.
>     - This is critical. ATTN HERE ASAP, PLEASE!

Already on my list to review this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/nova-cloud-controller/+bug/1599289

again I can't find a merge on Launchpad (see [1]) but we'll see if we can
fit this into the next 7 days of dev prior to the feature freeze for the
16.07 charm release at the end of the month.

Cheers

James

[1]
https://code.launchpad.net/~openstack-charmers-archive/charms/trusty/nova-cloud-controller/next/+merges