[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Helion HLM on GitHub and what next?

Bailey, Darragh dbailey at hpe.com
Fri Jan 29 19:28:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

Those present at some of the Ansible collaboration sessions at Tokyo may
recall a mention about Helion Lifecycle Manager (HLM), which constituted
a collection of ansible playbooks and particular patterns used by the
HPE Helion OS 2.0 release to deploy clouds.

We promised at the time that we'd get the code out there to start some
discussions on where we could collaborate better with openstack-ansible.

I've already mentioned it to a few folks in IRC, however I think it's
worth sharing out a bit further.

The initial code for the difference ansible components has been uploaded
to GitHub under https://github.com/hpe-helion-os earlier this month.

https://github.com/hpe-helion-os/helion-input-model
Defines a cloud though a combination of service input definitions
(relatively static) and a topology that controls how network and the
services are laid out control the shape and size of the cloud desired.

https://github.com/hpe-helion-os/helion-configuration-processor
The processing engine that consumes the desired cloud topology
configuration from the input model, and generates all the hosts and
variables that are consumed by the ansible playbooks/roles to deploy the
requested cloud.

https://github.com/hpe-helion-os/helion-ansible
Contains all the ansible playbooks/roles used to deploy HPE's HOS 2.0.
This is run against the output of the helion-configuration-processor to
execute the build/upgrade of the cloud specification.

Obviously lots of discussions to be had and work to be done, and
hopefully with some help we should have a good idea by Austin as to what
will be needed to integrate some of the concepts into the existing
openstack-ansible project.

Enjoy the weekend :-)

--
Regards,
Darragh Bailey

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool" - Unknown