[openstack-dev] [telemetry][aodh][vitrage] The purpose of notification about alarm updating

gord chung gord at live.ca
Mon Jan 11 12:53:49 UTC 2016

so one point i should mention is that the notification we propose on
removing was originally attended for Ceilometer events. much in same way
as disabling the aodh-notifier to allow Vitrage to consume alarm
triggers, it isn't exactly safe for Vitrage to consume the existing
messages as Ceilometer may also consume it.

the idea with moving it to a discrete notifier (whether zaqar or plain
oslo.messaging) is so the consumer of message is explicit.

On 10/01/2016 1:30 AM, AFEK, Ifat (Ifat) wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> I'm a bit confused. This thread started by liusheng asking to remove the notifications to the bus[1], and I replied saying that we do want to use this capability in Vitrage. What is the notifier plugin that you suggested? Is it the same notifier that liusheng referred to, or something else?

> Thanks,
> Ifat.

gord