[openstack-dev] The command "neutron-db-manage" of 8.0.0~b1 fails

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 03:28:42 UTC 2016

On 01/03/2016 05:15 PM, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
> Guys,
>
>  I'm trying to experiment Mitaka on Ubuntu Xenial, which already have
> beta version on its repositories, however, "neutron-db-manage" fails.
>
>  Here is the output of it:
>
>  http://paste.openstack.org/show/482920/
>
>  Any clue?

this is a new error added to MySQL as of version 5.6.7:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/error-messages-server.html#error_er_fk_column_cannot_change

some discussion is at http://stackoverflow.com/a/17019351/34549.

the issue here is either that the table contains NULL values or that the
BIGINT datatype is not compatible with the column to which the foreign
key refers.

This error looks familiar but I don't recall if I saw it specific to
Neutron already having this issue before.