[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] port neutron thin containers to stable/liberty

Paul Bourke paul.bourke at oracle.com
Mon Feb 22 11:18:51 UTC 2016

+1

I'm against this on a theoretical basis as I don't think backporting
features/architectural changes is good practice for a stable branch.

People will say this will increase stability (no longer lose namespaces
on container restart), in reality the chances are it will decrease
stability on the branch at least for some time after it merges due to
the inherent nature of new features, combined with our limited ability
to verify new changes in the gate.

So far the evidence for needing to do this is anecdotal at best. While I
don't doubt some operators will complain about having to docker exec to
work with namespaces, it doesn't strike me as critical enough to shift
effort away from the Mitaka release.

All that being said if other cores strongly agree with the change and
commit to seeing it through, I trust them enough to make it work. Which
is why I'm +1.