[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] port neutron thin containers to stable/liberty

Michal Rostecki mrostecki at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 22 10:57:27 UTC 2016

On 02/21/2016 05:18 PM, Michał Jastrzębski wrote:
> So for thin containers, as opposed to data containers, there is no
> migration script needed whatsoever. All it takes is to tear down
> neutron-agents and start thin containers.

OK, so from what I understand, we need to do what you wrote here in two
scenarios:

1. Upgrade from liberty before backport to mitaka

Pretty simple case, because "kolla-ansible upgrade" will do exactly what
you're talking about.

2. Upgrade from liberty before backport to liberty after backport

And here I'm not sure how it will work. Of course, we need to wipe out
supervisord containers and run the thin. But what action from operator
will be needed? Also "kolla-ansible upgrade" or something else?