[openstack-dev] [ironic] Midcycle summary part 3/6

守屋哲 / MORIYA,SATORU satoru.moriya.br at hitachi.com
Mon Feb 22 04:50:56 UTC 2016

Thanks Jim for summarizing mid-cycle meeting.

I'd like to clarify the next step for boot-from-volume things.
In the etherpad (https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-mitaka-midcycle),
there's high level plan:

* High level plan
  * Review specs
  * Write new specs for the base drivers - This may need the composable driver spec as there are numerous permutations
    * the base implementation should be fully open source
    * Julia to write a spec for this reference implementation
  * Then begin letting in the other drivers

So the next step is reviewing specs and the specs are:
* ironic
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/200496/
* nova-ironic driver
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/211101/

We need to agree on ironic-spec(200496) before nova PTL reviews nova-ironic
driver spec(211101). In addition to that, Nova spec freeze date is usually
set around milestone-1 (quite early in the development cycle), and so I'd
like Ironic-cores to review the specs above before the next summit.

200496 has already got lots of reviews (thanks guys!), but unfortunately,
it's not reviewed enough by core reviewers.

Regards,
Satoru