[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] [openstack-ansible] OpenStack-Ansible Ceilometer Configuration

Potter, Nathaniel nathaniel.potter at intel.com
Wed Feb 17 22:17:16 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I've been working on setting up a 10 node OpenStack installation with ceilometer using openstack-ansible, but the way I've configured it isn't working for me. I've tried following these instructions http://docs.openstack.org/developer/openstack-ansible/install-guide/configure-ceilometer.html, doing these steps -

-        I set up MongoDB on the metering-infra_host, making the bind_ip the br-mgmt IP of that host and creating the ceilometer user.

-        In /etc/openstack_deploy/conf.d/ceilometer.yml I have a compute host under metering-compute_hosts and the infra host that I configured MongoDB on in my metering-infra_hosts.

-        I also set the ceilometer_db_ip in user_variables to be equal to the bind_ip set on the infra host.

Running the ceilometer installation playbook is successful, but when I log into the utility container and try to run ceilometer meter-list it times out and says 'Service Unavailable (HTTP 503)'.

Does anyone see anywhere that I went wrong in these steps, should bind-ip be set to something else, or should I be configuring this database on the compute host rather than the infra? The documentation wasn't entirely clear on that point.

Thanks,
Nate