[openstack-dev] OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest Feb 13-19
mike at openstack.org
Sat Feb 20 16:49:36 UTC 2016
OpenStack Operators Midcycle
* Takeaways from the OpenStack Mid-Cycle Ops Meetup: first time’s the charm 
* OpenStack Upgrading Tutorial: 11 pitfalls and solutions 
“No Open Core” in 2016 (continuing)
* Continuing with discussions on Poppy in particular, Doug Hellmann raises that
the Poppy team has done everything we've asked. The governance currently
emphasizes on the social aspects of the project and community interactions.
Tell the Poppy team they “are not OpenStack” even though they followed things
* Sean Dague mentions that solutions like Neutron have an open source solution.
It may needed some work, but at least there was one open source solution for
* Dean Troyer brings up how we have things like Cinder with commerical products
as storage drivers. Even without those storage drivers though, Cinder is
* Poppy's open source implementation option, OpenCDN is currently an abandoned
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-February/085855.html
Upgrade Implications of Lots of Content in paste.ini
* A set of Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) patches came out recently ,
that adds a ton of content to paste.ini.
* Paste.ini is a config that operators can change.
- Large amounts of complicated things in there which may change in future
releases is really problematic.
- Deprecating content also is a challenge.
- Why aren't these options just the defaults of the CORS middlware?
-- Some projects like Ironic did request to not have headers prescribed,
for eample, if Ironic is using something other than Keystone, different
allowed headers would be required.
-- However, Keystone is defcore, so the default should be useful there
first. Then be flexible to other auth options can go on top.
* Where do we go from here?
- Option 1: Implement as is, keep things consistent, fix them in Newton.
-- This is not fixable in Newton as it requires deprecating out for the
next three releases.
- Option 2: Try to fix it in Mitaka 2 of CORS middleware setting defaults and
projects having the ability to override .
-- This will require patches against a bunch of projects . Who can help?
Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-February/086746.html
 - http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/takeaways-from-the-openstack-mid-cycle-ops-meetup-first-time-s-the-charm
 - http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-upgrading-tutorial-11-pitfalls-and-solutions
 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/265415/1
 - http://docs.openstack.org/developer/oslo.config/generator.html#modifying-defaults-from-other-namespaces
 - http://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/index.html
More information about the OpenStack-dev