[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] "No Open Core" in 2016

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Tue Feb 16 07:15:34 UTC 2016

Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Oh, that, and ... not using CassandraDB. And yes, this thread is a good
> place to have this topic. I'm not sure who replied to me this thread
> wasn't the place to discuss it: I respectfully disagree, since it's
> another major blocker, IMO as important, if not more, as using a free
> software CDN solution.

Let's handle the policy implications discussed in this thread before we
dive into the "don't use this component that I dislike" bikeshed.
Reading the thread, it appears that we've made good progress on building
consensus towards having Poppy consider an open source CDN as the
"reference implementation" (to use some Neutron parlance).

Then we can bikeshed about how good/bad the components used in the
reference implementation are. Later. The point being, there is an open
source solution that will be used to flesh out a true vendor-neutral API
(as I understand Mike Perez's position, and agree with!).

--
Sean M. Collins