[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] "No Open Core" in 2016

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 12:03:12 UTC 2016

On 11/02/16 17:31 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>On 02/08/2016 09:54 PM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
>> Would our votes change if Poppy had support for OpenCDN (imagine it's being
>> maintained) even if that solution is terrible?
>
>Let's say it was doing that, and spawning instances containing OpenCDN
>running on a multi-datacenter OpenStack deployment, then IMO it would be
>a good candidate.

This might be an overkill for cloud admins and there'll be close to no clouds
running their own CDN.

>Oh, that, and ... not using CassandraDB. And yes, this thread is a good
>place to have this topic. I'm not sure who replied to me this thread
>wasn't the place to discuss it: I respectfully disagree, since it's
>another major blocker, IMO as important, if not more, as using a free
>software CDN solution.

It was me and I disagree. This thread is to talk about the *open core* issue. In
fact, the first email didn't even call out Poppy to begin with. For all the
remaining issues there's a spec in the governance repo that can be used. Also,
this topic was discussed in the latest TC meeting.

Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco